eBand JS-10 System Program (Ver1.01)
How to tell the version
Please check the version of the system working on your eBand JS-10 before downloading the archive file.
- Hold down [ EXIT ] button and [ ENTER ] button, and press POWER button.
The display will show the current version number at "VERSION:"
- Press any button except POWER button.
- Press POWER button to turn the eBnad JS-10 power off.
[ Ver.1.01 ]
The following bugs were fixed.
The following bugs were fixed.
- Some personal computers might not recognize the device connected with the USB 3.0 port.
- Other USB equipments might not work when a personal computer rebooted with connecting the device via the USB 3.0 port.
What you will need to update your eBand JS-10
- eBand JS-10
- SD CARD formatted on the eBand JS-10
- SD CARD reader or PC with an SD CARD slot ( Windows or Mac )
Caution when performing the update
- We recommend that you back your user data up before you perform the update. If a problem occurs and your user data is lost, you will be able to restore the original state by restoring the data you backed up. For details on the procedure, refer to the Owner's Manual.
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the eBand JS-10. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your eBand JS-10 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the eBand JS-10 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "js10_sys_v101.zip" file on your computer to get the three update files named "_BOOTPRG.ES_", "_JS10PRG.JS_" and "_UPDINFO.JS_" in the "js10_sys_v101" folder.
Procedure for the update
- You must not rename the extracted files.
- Never turn off the eBand JS-10's power while the update is in progress. Otherwise the system program or the eBand JS-10 itself may be destroyed.
Please install the extracted system program files into your eBand JS-10 according to the following procedure.
Creating the Update SD Card
- Start your computer then connect the SD Card to an SD Card Slot of the computer.
- Copy the update files onto the root directory of the SD Card device.
* Do not copy the "js10_sys_v101" folder.
- Un-mount the SD Card device through the correct procedure, then disconnect from the computer.
- Make sure the power to the unit is switched off.
- Insert the system-update SD card into the SD CARD slot.
- Hold down [ REC ] and [ STOP ] button and switch on the power.
The Program Update screen appears.
- Press [ ENTER ] button to start the update process.
- The message "Complete!!" will appear on the display when the update process completes.
- Turn the eBnad JS-10 power off.
Please verify the version number "1.01" with the procedure described in "How to tell the version" part of this document.