FS-1-WL System Program ( Ver.1.02b )
TARGET SERIAL NUMBER FOR THIS UPDATE
Find the serial number on the bottom of your FS-1-WL and apply this update if it matches any of the following.
Serial number: Z0P0000-Z4P3716
[Ver.1.02b] DEC 2022
- Improved stability of update process.
[Ver.1.02] NOV 2022
- Enabled to show/hide the software keyboard while using the editor on an iOS device.
- Bluetooth connection stability improved.
- Editor settings are not being reflected correctly on the unit.
- Specific MIDI messages are not outputting correctly.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR UPDATE
- USB cable (sold separately)
- Computer with USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port (Windows/Mac)
- SMF Player
*It is for sending system program files. Please download it in advance.
- UpdSMF for Windows
- UpdSMF for macOS/OS X
- AC adaptor: PSA series (sold separately)
*To avoid losing power to the FS-1-WL during the update, connect an AC adapter or use brand new alkaline batteries.
- Never apply this updater to any product other than the FS-1-WL to avoid destroying data or the system program of other products.
- Never turn off the FS-1-WL during the update process. If a power failure or other accident occurs while updating, the FS-1-WL will not be able to start up with normal operating conditions. In this case, contact your nearest Roland Service Center or dealer for repair.
- Inquiries regarding the operating procedures for updating this system program are not supported. We appreciate your understanding.
DOWNLOADING AND UNARCHIVING THE COMPRESSED FILE
- Read the software license agreement at the bottom of the screen and select the "I agree" check box.
- Click the "Download" button to download the system program (fs1wl_sys_v102b.zip).
- Unarchive the downloaded file.
- Windows: Right-click the file and select "Extract All," then click "Extract".
- Mac: Double-click the file to unzip it.
- "fs1wl_sys_v102b" folder appears.
- Connect the FS-1-WL to the PC with a USB cable.
*Be sure nothing to connect to the CTL1, 2/EXP/MIDI OUT jacks.
- While holding down the [Bluetooth] (Smartphone/PC) button, move the [POWER] switch to the "MIDI" position to turn on the power.
POWER indicator blinks red.
*To prevent FS-1 from losing power during the update, please connect an AC adapter (PSA series) or use new alkaline batteries.
*USB bus power not supported.
- Start UpdSMF.
- Select "FS-1-WL USB-MIDI" for MIDI Out Device.
- Click the ″Path″ button (″Select″ button on macOS) of SMF Path.
The folder-browse dialog box appears.
- Go to the location where the extracted folder locates, select "fs1wl_sys_v102b" -> "fs1wl_sys_v102b" and click the [OK] button ([Open] button for macOS).
- For Windows only: Click on the [Scan SMF] button.
The update files (_0000001.mid, _0000002.mid, _0000003.mid) appear in the file list.
- Click on the [SEND] button.
UpdSMF starts sending the updates.
*During the updater is sent, the POWER indicator on the FS-1-WL lights yellow-green, and the pedal switch R indicator flashes red. Once the pedal switch R indicator changes to a solid light, the update is complete.
- When "Send SMF/Completed" appears, click [OK].
- Turn off the FS-1-WL.